Do you want to make biscuits and gravy just like at Denny’s restaurant? The truth is making biscuits and gravy is not very difficult at all and only require a small amount of time and a few ingredients. You will need flour, butter, breakfast sausage, milk and some seasonings. I usually only season the mixture with salt and pepper but if you want a little kick add a tiny bit of cayenne pepper into the mix. You simply start off by cooking the breakfast sausage, add the butter and flour and then whisk in the milk and seasonings until thickened. You can buy whatever type of biscuits you like such a country style buttermilk biscuits.
Denny's Biscuits and Gravy
- 1 can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 16 ounces pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- Cook biscuits according to package directions.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook while breaking up into chunks with a spatula until browned and no longer pink. Add butter and cook until it has melted. Whisk in the flour, salt and pepper and cayenne pepper if using. Cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the milk, a little at a time, cook until the mixture thickens stirring constantly.
- Serve gravy over the warm biscuits.