Chorizo Huevos Rancheros Tostadas
Breakfast tostadas with chorizo, egg, avocado, and refried beans,
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
- 1 lb ground pork
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 to stada shells
- ¾ cup refried beans
- 6 eggs
- 2 avocados pitted, and sliced
- ¾ cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sour cream or Mexican crema
- Salt and pepper
- Hot sauce optional
In a medium bowl combine all of the spice ingredients. Add apple cider vinegar to form a paste. Mix in the ground pork until well combined.
Heat a larger skillet to medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
Cook eggs in another large skillet over medium heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side. Sprinkle with salt and pepper before flipping.
Heat refried beans in a microwave safe bowl.
Top each tostada shell with a layer of refried beans, chorizo, 1 fried egg, sliced avocado, salsa, and Mexican crema. Drizzle with hot sauce if using.