Huevos rancheros is great but when you add chorizo and put it on a tostada it is even better. These huevos rancheros tostadas are tapped with refried beans, chorizo, egg, avocado and salsa. The chorizo is homemade and made from using ground pork, spices and apple cider vinegar. I highly recommend making your own chorizo sausage but if you want you should be able to buy it from the super market. You can also make your own salsa if you would prefer. You can also make your own tostada shells by using corn tortillas but they are available premade at most grocery stores.
Chorizo Huevos Rancheros Tostadas
- 1 lb ground pork
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 to stada shells
- ¾ cup refried beans
- 6 eggs
- 2 avocados pitted, and sliced
- ¾ cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sour cream or Mexican crema
- Salt and pepper
- Hot sauce optional
- In a medium bowl combine all of the spice ingredients. Add apple cider vinegar to form a paste. Mix in the ground pork until well combined.
- Heat a larger skillet to medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cook eggs in another large skillet over medium heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side. Sprinkle with salt and pepper before flipping.
- Heat refried beans in a microwave safe bowl.
- Top each tostada shell with a layer of refried beans, chorizo, 1 fried egg, sliced avocado, salsa, and Mexican crema. Drizzle with hot sauce if using.