Here is a delicious recipe for Popeyes style chicken nuggets. These crispy nuggets are delicious and can be served with various dipping sauces such as bbq sauce and ranch dressing. In this recipe chicken pieces are breaded with a well seasoned flour mixture and then deep-fried to perfection. Some good options for side-dishes with this copycat recipe for Popeyes chicken nuggets would be French fries and coleslaw.
Popeyes Chicken Nuggets
A copycat recipe for the chicken nuggets from Popeyes!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into 1 inch chunks
- 2 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Oil for frying
- Place the chicken pieces in a sealable bag with the butter milk. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl mix together eggs and hot sauce. In a shallow plate or pie dish combine flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and chili powder. Mix well.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the buttermilk and roll in the flour mixture, then dip in the egg mixture, and then coat in the flour mixture again.
- Deep-fry in batches for 10-13 minutes or until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.). Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.