Here is a copycat recipe Shredded Chicken Quesadilla Melt at Taco Bell. The chicken quesadilla melt is like a mini quesadilla and consists of shredded chicken, 3 cheese blend and chipotle sauce wrapped up in a flour tortilla and then grilled. The chipotle sauce is homemade and for the chicken, you can make it easily in the crockpot. Simply add chicken, salsa, and taco seasoning to a slow cooker and you are good to go. Once the quesadillas are wrapped up add them to a pan and toast on both sides until lightly browned. Here is the recipe for taco bell chipotle sauce to go in this recipe.
Taco Bell Shredded Chicken Quesadilla Melt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 8 tablespoons chipotle sauce
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Cooking spray
- Add the chicken, salsa and taco seasoning to a slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 hours. Shred the chicken using two forks and mix with the juices in the slow cooker. Keep warm.
- Spread a tablespoon of chipotle sauce onto the center of top of each flour tortillas. Top with some shredded chicken and cheese. Fold both of the sides over to the middle and fold the bottom up over the top to form an envelope.
- Grease a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium heat. Add the quesadillas and cook in batches until browned on the bottom, flip until browned on the other side.