Pulled pork with macaroni and cheese is perhaps one of the best combinations. For this recipe you can use your favorite pulled pork or you can view our recipe for pulled pork here. You can either use BBQ pulled pork or just regular pulled pork. You can also drizzle the barbecue sauce on top if you would prefer. The mac and cheese itself is a highlight of this recipe which includes gruyere and sharp cheddar. A lot of the other flavor comes from a little bit of nutmeg. This is a great recipe to use with leftover smoked pulled pork but certainly you can prepare the pulled pork in the oven as well.
Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese
Delicious mac and cheese with pulled pork.
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 4 cups milk
- 8 tablespoons butter divided
- ½ cup flour
- 4 cups grated gruyere cheese
- 2 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups leftover pulled pork
- Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter is a large deep pot over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook while whisking. Be careful not to burn the mixture. Add the milk, a cup and a time while stirring. Bring to a simmer and cook while whisking until the mixture thickens and bubbles. Remove from heat. Stir in the gruyere, cheddar, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Mix with the cooked noodles.
- Stir in the prepared pulled pork and serve.