There a lot of good chocolate chip pancake recipes out there I’m sure but these really are the best chocolate chip pancakes. These pancakes are great for breakfast or even as a dessert. A lot of flavor in this recipe comes from sour cream, cinnamon, and vanilla. I like to make pancakes on a griddle because I can cook several at once and it gets them on the table faster. Once the pancakes are finished cooking, top them off with ingredients such as extra chocolate chips, maple syrup, whipped cream and butter.
Best Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 and ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¾ cups whole milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Whisk until well combined. In a separate bowl add the eggs and lightly beat with a whisk. Add in the milk, sour cream, and vanilla and whisk until well combined. Stir the met mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed in the batter. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
- Melt a little butter on a griddle over medium heat. Pour the batter by about 1/3 cup for each pancake. onto the hot griddle. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom and then flip, and cook on the second side until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter. Served immediately with your favorite toppings.