Chicken Cobb Salad is a classic dish that can be prepared in various ways. This recipe is my absolute favorite variation of a Cobb Salad. There is a lot of ingredients that are high in protein, including chicken, bacon, hard-boiled eggs, and bleu cheese. The fresh ingredients give the salad a great balance. The dressing is amazing and surprisingly simple—it definitely tastes like it has more ingredients than it does. It adds a sweet taste to the dish that really compliments all of the ingredients. If you are not a fan of bleu cheese, you can always substitute it for a milder cheese, such as cheddar. If you want to really give this salad a great flavor you can grill the chicken. You will not believe how easy this Cobb Salad is to throw together and how delicious it tastes! From the Monster Foodies to you—love what you eat and enjoy!
Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad
- 1 head of romaine lettuce chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs peeled and chopped
- 12 oz cooked grilled or baked chicken diced
- 5-8 slices of cooked bacon diced
- 1 sliced avocado
- 4 oz bleu cheese crumbles
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chives minced
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- ½ tsp kosher slat
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Thoroughly mix red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Put to the side for dressing the salad after it is prepared.
- Spread the romaine lettuce on a large plate and then add rows of each ingredient for the salad.
- Drizzle the dressing previously prepared over the salad ingredients, sprinkle with chives, and serve.