Beef burgers with avocado salsa truly are delicious. You can cook them in the pan but they are even better on the grill. This burger is very tasty for summer and has a lot of fresh ingredients such as avocado salsa, tomato, and lettuce. For the cheese I used Monterey jack but you could use cheddar as well. The avocado salsa is the real highlight of this recipe and gets a lot of its flavor from cilantro and lime juice along with a little spice from jalapeno peppers.
Avocado Beef Burger
- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices monetary jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 pieces of torn romaine lettuce
- 2 hass avocados peeled, pitted and insides scooped out
- ½ small onion diced
- 1 minced and seeded jalapeno pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Form the ground beef into 4 patties that are no more than ¾ of an inch thick. Make a depression in the center of each patty. Season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl combine avocados, onion, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro. Add lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Mash briefly with a fork until a salsa has formed.
- Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Add the burgers and cook, turning once until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F.). During the last minute of cooking top each burger with a slice of cheese. Cook until cheese has melted.
- Split the hamburger buns and place cutside down onto the grill until lightly toasted. Top the bottom half of each bun with 1 piece of romaine, 1 slice of tomato, 1 hamburger patty, avocado salsa, and the top bun.