A delicious casserole to prepare for dinner is the beef egg noodle casserole. This beefy and cheesy casserole consists of ground beef mixed with tomato sauce and egg noodles and topped with cheddar cheese. A lot of recipes call for diced tomatoes and you can add them as well but I like to make this without diced tomatoes. The casserole gets a lot of flavor from onion, garlic and Italian seasoning. This casserole is very easy to prepare and can be on the table in well under an hour. I like to serve it with garlic bread.
Beef Egg Noodle Casserole
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 28 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cooking spray
- Cook the egg noodle according to package directions. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until breaking the meat up into chunks with a spatula or spoon for about 4-5 minutes. Add onion and garlic and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning and stir to combine.
- Drain the noodles and mix with the beef mixture in the pan. Toss to combine.
- Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Pour the pasta mixture into the baking dish. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.