If you are looking to try a delicious Middle Eastern dish, give this recipe for beef kofta kebobs a try! In this dish ground beef is mixed together with spices and then placed onto skewers and grilled. The kebobs are served with a homemade tzatziki sauce. Some other ingredients you can serve these kebobs with are diced tomato, onion, and cucumber. I like to serve them on a bed of chopped romaine lettuce with grilled flatbreads on the side. The beef kofta gets a lot of flavor from cumin, coriander and garlic. The tzatziki sauce uses ingredients such as Greek yogurt, cucumber and fresh dill.
Beef Kofta Kebobs
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Olive oil for brushing
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup grated cucumber squeezed dry
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill minced
- Pinch of salt
- In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients for the tzatziki sauce. Mix well and cover and refrigerate until needed.
- In a large bowl combine beef, onion, garlic, parsley. Coriander, cumin, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Divide the mixture into 12 balls. Mold each ball around the end of a pointed skewer. Brush the grates of an outdoor grill with olive oil. Heat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Add the kebobs and grilled, turning occasionally, until brown all over and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with tzatziki sauce.