Grilled chicken and avocado salsa is the perfect healthy and delicious summer dish. The chicken is marinated in ingredients such as lime juice, olive oil, and cilantro. The chicken is then placed onto the grill and cooked to perfection. The chicken is then topped with an avocado salsa which uses avocadoes, cilantro and red onion. A good tip for this recipe is to pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness of about ½ inch thick.
Grilled Chicken and Avocado Salsa
- 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 avocados diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Salt to taste
- In a small bowl combine ¼ cup of lime juice, olive oil, ¼ cup fresh cilantro, cumin, and salt. Whisk until mixed well. Add the chicken and the marinade to a ziplock bag. Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Place chicken onto the grill and cook for 4-6 minute per side, or until chicken is fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.). Remove from the grill and let sit.
- In a small bowl add avocado, ½ cup fresh cilantro, 3 tablespoons lime juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, and red onion. Season with salt. Toss to mix.
- Top chicken with avocado salsa.