We love holiday baking in our household, so with Halloween coming up, we decided to get into the festive spirit with these Candy Corn and M&M Rice Krispie Treats. The addition of candy corn makes them sweeter and adds a chewy texture. The drizzled chocolate and M&Ms add a nice flavor to the recipe and makes them even more full of Halloween spirit. Rice Krispie treats are easy and quick to make. It is important not to flatten and apply too much pressure when pressing them into the pan, as this will make them hard. Another tip is to use damp hands when handling the mixture—water repels the sticky melted marshmallow, so your hands remain clean. Happy Halloween, all! From the Monster Foodies to you—love what you eat and enjoy!
Candy Corn and M&M Rice Krispie Treats
- 7 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 bags of mini marshmallows 10.5oz each
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1½ cups candy corn
- ½ cup M&Ms
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate for melting
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter on low heat. Slowly add both bags of marshmallows, stirring frequently. Add vanilla extract and continue heating until melted.
- In a large mixing bowl, add Rice Krispies and candy corn. Spoon melted butter and marshmallow mixture into the bowl and mix until Rice Krispies and candy corn are thoroughly coated.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 9x13 casserole dish and flatten (be sure not to apply too much pressure when flattening).
- Place M&Ms on the surface of the Rice Krispie treats, pushing in slightly. Melt chocolate in the microwave in a small bowl. Once melted, add vegetable oil and stir. Drizzle warm, melted chocolate on top of the treats using a fork.
- Refrigerate and cut into squares to serve.