If you want a healthier version of banana bread try using coconut flour instead of your normal all-purpose flour. This recipe for coconut flour chocolate chip banana bread is just amazing and delicious. The flavor of coconut from the flour along with the chocolate chips really makes this bread something special. A lot of the sweetness in this bread comes from maple syrup and bananas. You can easily make several of these loafs if you need to by multiplying the ingredients. This is a very simple recipe to prepare and is great to bring to parties for the holiday season. You will want to use bananas that are black or very ripe for this bread. Chocolate chips are baked into the bread and also sprinkled on top before baking. What is truly great about making this bread is that it only requires mixing everything in one bowl for easy cleanup.
Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 3 large very ripe bananas
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Line a loaf pan with parchment paper (or grease it very well). Peel the bananas and add them to a large mixing bowl with maple syrup, olive oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Use a potato masher to mash the bananas and combine everything together.
- Next, using a spoon add the coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix until well combined. Add in half of the chocolate chips until well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the greased loaf pan, top with remaining chocolate chips. Place into the oven and bake for 45+ minutes or until golden brown and no longer jiggly in the middle.
- Remove from the oven. Let the bread cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the pan. Remove from the pan and slice.