Grilled cilantro lime chicken thighs are a delicious meal for the warmer months during the summer. You can eat these grilled chicken thighs whole or else you can slice them and use the meat for burritos or tacos. The chicken thighs are marinated in a lime juice mixture and then grilled on an outdoor grill. The marinade gets a lot of flavor from lime juice zest, chili powder, garlic and cumin. I like to slice this chicken and serve it on corn tortillas with guacamole, black beans and cheese.
Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs
Cilantro lime chicken thighs cooked on the grill.
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- In a Ziplock bag combine cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, zest, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Shape to combine. Add the chicken thighs and shape to coat them well with the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade and place onto the grill. Cook turning at least once for 4-5 minutes per side or until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.).
- Serve immediately.