The mushroom and swiss burger from Dairy Queen is really just delicious. The burger is topped with swiss cheese, a mushroom sauce, and mayonnaise. Here is a copycat recipe so that you can easily make this amazing burger right at home. The burgers are grilled in the recipe but you could fry them in the pan as well. The mushroom sauce is a mixture of canned mushrooms, golden mushroom soup, and Worcestershire sauce. For just the right amount of flavor season the burger patties with seasoning salt and ground black pepper. You will also want to toast the buns on the grill.
Dairy Queen Mushroom and Swiss Burger
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 10.75 ounce can golden mushroom soup
- 1 small can sliced mushrooms drained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a small saucepan combine golden mushroom soup, Worcestershire sauce, and slices mushrooms. Heat over medium heat until simmering.
- In a small bowl mix seasoned salt and pepper. From the ground beef into 4 patties. Season on both sides with the seasoning mixture.
- Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill. Heat to medium-high heat. Add the beef patties, and grill for about 5 minutes per side or until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F.). During the last few minutes of cooking top each patty with a slice of swiss cheese. Grill until the cheese has melted. Remove from the grill.
- Split the hamburger buns and toast them cut side down on the grill until lightly browned.
- Place the burger patties on a bun. Top with mushroom sauce. Spread mayonnaise until the bottom of the top half of each bun and place on top of the burger.