Grilled honey mustard chicken breasts are a delicious meal to prepare on the grill for summer. You can use either boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs for this recipe The chicken is marinated in honey mustard and then grilled and served with additional honey mustard sauce. The honey mustard sauce is a combination of Dijon mustard, honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and mayonnaise. I would recommend using an outdoor grill for this recipe but you can use an indoor grill pan as well. I like to serve these chicken breasts with wild rice and a salad on the side.
Honey Mustard Chicken Breasts
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 ½ teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, Dijon, honey, soy sauce and lemon juice. Remove about 6 tablespoons of the honey mustard sauce and set it aside.
- Mix the chicken breasts with the remaining honey mustard sauce and marinate for up to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Add chicken to the grill and cook for 6-7 minutes per side or until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.).
- Drizzle reserved sauce over the cooked chicken breasts.