Mustard ranch chicken is great for sandwiches on the grilled this summer. The sandwiches are topped with swiss cheese, lettuce, and tomato. The chicken is marinated and brushed in a mustard ranch sauce and then grilled to perfection before being topped off with some slices of swiss cheese. The mustard ranch sauce is a combination of mustard, ranch dressing, brown sugar, and cider vinegar. You will probably want to toast the buns on the grill as well for even more flavor. The combination of mustard and ranch might sound a little odd but it is really delicious. You can serve these sandwiches with chips or French fries.
Mustard Ranch Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 1/3 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 4 Kaiser rolls
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced tomato
- In a small bowl combine ranch dressing, mustard, sugar, and vinegar. Mix well. Remove ½ cup of the dressing mixture and place it into a sealable ziplock bag with the chicken. Refrigerate and marinade for at least 30 minutes. Reserve the remaining dressing mixture for brushing the chicken.
- Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill. Heat grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from the marinade and add to the grill. Grill for 6-7 minutes per side or until cooked through (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.). While grilling brush with reserved marinade during the last few minutes of grilling. Top each chicken breast with a slice of mozzarella cheese. Grill until the cheese has melted. Remove from the grill.
- Add the buns, cut-side down to the grill and cook until lightly toasted. Remove from the grill.
- Top the rolls with grilled chicken, lettuce, and tomato.