This easy refried bean dip is great because you can make it without cream cheese. A lot of dip recipes call for cream cheese but luckily there is no cream cheese in this dip. Instead, the dip is a simple combination of refried beans, pickled jalapeno peppers, and spices. The best part about this recipe is the flavor and kick that the dip gets from the pickled jalapenos and juice. All of the dip ingredients are placed into a blender and processed until smooth. At that point you can either serve it right away, heat it, or place it into a small baking dish, top with cheese and then broiled it until the cheese has melted. We served this Mexican refried bean dip all the time as a side-dish with burritos or tacos. This is also a great appetizer recipe to serve for parties of gameday.
Easy Refried Bean Dip
- 1 15 ounce can refried beans
- 5 pickled jalapeno slices
- 1 tablespoon juice from pickled jalapeno slices jar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Add the refried beans, jalapeno slices, jalapeno juice, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, and cumin to a food processor.
- Puree until the ingredients are well combined. Place the mixture into a bowl and serve cold or warm up and serve. You can also place them into a broiler safe dish, top with cheese and broil until the cheese has melted.