This cheesy cornbread casserole is perfect for the holidays such as Christmas or Easter or makes a great side dish to go with all types of different meals. Cheesy cornbread casserole is baked in the oven and easy to prepare. The recipe uses cornbread mix and whole kernel and cream-style corn. What makes this recipe absolutely delicious is the cheese that is melted on top. You will want to use a 9×13 inch baking dish for this recipe.
Cheesy Cornbread Casserole
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn (drained and ½ liquid reserved
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package dry corn bread mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine whole kernel corn, reserved liquid, cream-style corn, eggs, corn bread mix, and sour cream. Stir until well blended. Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.