If you are looking to step up your game day food there is no reason not to give this grilled sliders recipe a try. You can prepare hamburger sliders a variety of ways. Some recipes call for baking the beef patty in the oven on a baking sheet but the flavor of the grill cannot be matched. These really are the best hamburger sliders. Instead of having individual patties you will make one big thin patty of out 1 pound of burger. You can place the ground beef onto a piece of parchment paper and then press down firmly and thin it out with your hands. If you think it is too difficult to flip, you can make 2 medium sized thin patties. For toppings we are going with dill pickle sliders and stone ground mustard. Of course grilled sliders wouldn’t be complete without grilling the buns. So make sure to spread a little butter onto the top and bottom cut side of the rolls and then grill until toasted.
- 1 package Hawaiian rolls
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 pound ground beef
- 5 slices cheddar cheese
- Stone ground mustard
- Dill pickle sliders
- Salt and pepper for seasoning burgers
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. On the baking sheet, shape the ground beef into a rectangle that is slightly larger than the slider buns. Season on top with salt and pepper.
- Cut the buns in half lengthwise. Take the bottom and top half of the buns and spread a thin layer of butter onto the cut sides.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Add the buns and grill, butter-side down for 30 seconds or until toasted.
- Add the beef patty to the grill and grill for 3-4 minutes on the first side and then flip using two spatulas and grill for 1-2 minutes or until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F.). Add cheese and close the grill. Once the cheese has melted remove the beef patty.
- Top the bottom half of the slider buns with stone ground mustard and dill pickle slices. Add the cooked beef patty on top of the pickles and top with the top half of the bun.
- Slice into individual sliders and serve right away.