Perhaps you are looking for a healthier alternative to your classic chocolate chip cookies. Afterall, who doesn’t want a delicious and moist cookie with chocolate chips. Well this recipe for coconut flour chocolate chip cookies uses coconut flour in place of your normal flour and maple syrup as a sweetener. These cookies are very simple to make and you will only need a few ingredients and a little time to get these baking in your oven. Coconut flour is great because it is gluten free that is made solely from coconuts. The batter for these cookies is going to be runny at first but it will thicken up after a minute or two, so don’t be concerned if your cookie dough is thin at first. Coconut flour does have a coconut taste so you will definitely taste the coconut in these chocolate chip cookies. The texture is going to be a bit different than your normal chocolate chip cookies. They are much lighter and less dense than a normal chocolate chip cookie. The recipe makes about 12 cookies. These cookies are excellent to prepare as a gift or to bring to a party for the holidays.
Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, salt and eggs until a uniform batter is created. The batter is going to start off runny but it will thicken as the coconut flour absorbs the moisture.
- Stir in chocolate chips into the batter. Use a heaping tablespoon to drop the cookie dough onto the lined baking sheet, and use your hands to flatten the dough. The cookies will not spread on their own, so you will want to shape them how you would like them to look. Repeat until the cookie dough is gone.
- Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Allow to cool on the pan for 10 minutes, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.