It’s not too late to fire up the grill this season with these honey mustard chicken skewers. These skewers are simply and delicious. You can serve them for dinner or for a game day party. I used boneless chicken breasts but boneless chicken thighs would be a good option for these skewers as well. The chicken is threaded onto skewers and then brushed with a Dijon honey mustard sauce while on the grill. The honey mustard sauce is a combination of Dijon mustard, honey, fish sauce, salt and wine. You can top with green onions for serving and for a little extra flavor.
Honey Mustard Chicken Skewers
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 2 inch chunks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 green onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine
- In a medium sauce pan combine garlic, mustard, fish sauce, honey, salt, olive oil, and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Soak wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes. Thread the chicken pieces onto the skewers.
- Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Add the chicken skewers and cook while turning every 2-3 minutes and brushing with the honey mustard sauce each time flipping, about 10-12 minutes total.
- Remove from the grill and garnish with green onions. Serve immediately.