Cauliflower Pizza Crust is a great healthier alternative to traditional pizza crust that follows a Keto/low carb meal plan and tastes great! We prefer to make it with pepperoni, pizza sauce, and a combination of shredded mozzarella and provolone cheese. We also double the recipe so we have two medium-sized pizzas, which should be more than enough to feed a family of four. Cauliflower crust is a bit different than regular pizza crust, but if anything, the cauliflower adds an amazing taste to the flavor of the pizza. Getting the moisture out of the riced cauliflower can be challenging when using frozen riced cauliflower—utilizing a towel with a generous layer of paper towel works well. If there is too much moisture in the cauliflower, it will not bind properly and will turn out soggy. Flipping the crust halfway through the bake is also difficult, but I found that covering the crust with the new piece of parchment paper and then slowly flipping it over is the best way to assure it stays in one piece. From the Monster Foodies to you—love what you eat and enjoy!
How to Make Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- 2 cups of riced cauliflower either a 10-12oz frozen bag or a from a medium head of cauliflower
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Grease parchment paper and place on a medium-size baking sheet.
- Drain moisture from riced cauliflower. If using frozen cauliflower, thaw in the microwave first. Using a towel or paper towel to press moisture out works well.
- Put riced cauliflower into a large mixing bowl. Add egg, basil, oregano, garlic salt, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese to the bowl and mix well.
- Evenly press mixture onto the parchment paper; the mixture should nearly cover the entire baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, flipping halfway through, until edges start to brown. When flipping, it helps to have a second piece of parchment paper to flip the crust onto then slide back onto the baking sheet.
- Top with your favorite pizza toppings, reduce the oven temp to 350 degrees F, and bake for an additional 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted.