These meat lasagna roll ups are even better than regular lasagna. This recipe is easy enough but just requires a little bit of work to prepare the sauce the rolls the noodles. If you are not familiar with lasagna roll ups they consist of lasagna noodles topped with a ricotta cheese mixture and a meat sauce mixture and then rolled up and placed into a baking dish and topped with sauce and cheese. You can use your favorite brand of marinara sauce for this recipe. The cheese mixture gets a lot of flavor from ricotta, parmesan, and mozzarella cheeses. You will want to serve these lasagna rolls with garlic bread.
Meat Lasagna Roll Ups
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 24 ounce jar marinara sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 12 lasagna noodles cooked according to package directions
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook while breaking up into chunks with a spatula until browned. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Pour marinara sauce into the pan and being to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine all of the cheese mixture ingredients. Stir until smooth.
- Spread ½ cup of the sauce onto the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Lay the lasagna noodles on a flat surface. Spread a layer of the ricotta over each noodle. Reserve 1 cup of the meat sauce for topping the rolled up noodles in the baking dish. Spread the remaining meat sauce over the ricotta mixture on each noodle.
- Roll up each noodle and then arrange them in a baking dish. Spoon the reserved sauce over the top of the rolled up noodles and sprinkle 1 ½ cups of mozzarella cheese over the noodles.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes, then bake uncovered for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and starting to brown. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.