It is easy to make crab Rangoon just like at the Chinese Buffet. This recipe is simple and only consists of a few ingredients. Wonton wrappers are stuffed with a cream cheese and crab mixture and then fried in hot oil until golden brown and crispy. A lot of the flavors in this recipe comes from green onions and Worcestershire sauce and a little bit of garlic powder. With this recipe you can make your own crab rangoons right at home without the need to order takeout. You will want to serve these with sweet and sour sauce.
Easy Crab Rangoon
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 ounces imitation crab meat
- 1 small green onion finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 1 egg beaten
- Oil for frying
- Place beaten egg into a small bowl.
- Shred the crab with two forks or chop it using a knife. In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, crab, green onion, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder. Mix until well combined.
- Place about 1 teaspoon of the crab mixture into the center of a wonton wrapper. Lightly brush the outer edges of the wonton wrapper with the beaten egg. Fold the bottom corner of the wonton wrapper over the top and press down on all sides to seal, forming a triangle. Repeat until all of the wonton wrappers are used up or the filling is gone.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees Fry crab rangoons in batches until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels