If you are searching for a recipe for the panda express range Rangoon you have come to the right place. Crab rangoon are popular at Panda Express and at Chinese restaurants all over the place. These crab Rangoon are stuffed with a cream cheese and crab mixture and then fried in hot oil. They are great to serve with sweet and sour sauce for dipping. The filling gets a lot of additional flavor from green onion, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. You can use either beaten egg or a cornstarch and water mixture to seal the won ton wrappers. You can also fold them however you want such as in half like a triangle. For the best results, you can fry them in a deep-fryer in peanut oil.
Panda Express Crab Rangoon
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 3 ounces imitation crab chopped
- 1 package won ton wrappers
- 1 egg beaten
- Oil for frying
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, green onion and imitation crab. Mix until well combined.
- Lay out a won ton onto a flat surface. Brush the edges with beaten egg. Place about 1 teaspoon of the crab mixture into the center of the won ton and fold in half while sealing the corners to form a triangle. Repeat with remaining won ton wrappers.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 375 degrees Fry won tons in batches until golden brown. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.