One of the best menu items are Taco Bell are the steak quesadillas. If you are a fan of the Taco Bell steak quesadilla the good news is that you can easily make them right at home. These quesadillas are loaded with sliced steak, cheese, and a spicy sauce. You can prepare the steaks however you want such as sliced and pan-frying or grilling them whole and then slicing into strips for the quesadillas. The spicy sauce gets a lot of flavor from the juice of pickled jalapeno peppers.
Taco Bell Steak Quesadilla
- 1 lb top sirloin steaks
- 2 cups shredded Colby-jack cheese
- 6 large flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Minced Pickled Jalapenos
- 2 teaspoons Pickled Jalapeno Juice
- 2/3 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Dash Salt
- In zip-lock bag combine all of the marinade ingredients. Add the steak. Seal the bag and shake well to coat the steak with the marinade. Place into the refrigerator and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- In a medium bowl combine all of the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Heat an outdoor grill to medium heat. Add the steak and cook, turning at least once until cooked to your liking. Remove from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice the steak into thin strips.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly spray with cooking spray. Add a flour tortilla. Spread a thin layer of the spicy sauce onto the top of the tortilla. Sprinkle a layer of cheese over the sauce. Top ½ of the tortilla with some sliced steak. Cook until the bottom is browned and the cheese has melted. Using a spatula or spoon fold the half of the tortilla without the steak over the half with the steak on it forming a half-moon shape. Remove from the pan and cut into 3 triangles. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.