It’s no secret that I am super pumped about our recent purchase of an air fryer. I try to use it whenever I can, so when cream cheese Rangoon were requested with dinner, I quickly agreed as long as I could make them in the air fryer. I love that I no longer have to deep fry as often and that it is a healthier option to some of our favorite foods. Air fried cream cheese Rangoon are quick to throw together once you find your stride with folding the wontons. They have lots of creamy flavor and the green onions stand out. You can eat them alone or serve with your favorite sweet and sour sauce. From the Monster Foodies to you—love what you eat and enjoy!
Air Fryer Cream Cheese Rangoons
- 1 package of wonton wrappers
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 egg whisked
- ½ tsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp green onion minced
- Add cream cheese, soy sauce, white pepper, garlic powder, salt, sugar, and minced green onion to a bowl. Mix until creamy.
- Place a wonton wrapper on a plate or bowl. Put about 1 tbsp of cream cheese mixture to the middle of the wrapper. Dip your finger into the beaten egg and saturate the edges of the wonton wrapper. Bring up each corner of the wrapper and pinch into a star shape, sealing completely.
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees Spray air fryer racks or cooking unit bowl with nonstick spray. Place finished wontons onto racks or into the cooking bowl without touching. Lightly use nonstick spray to coat the tops of the wontons.
- Air fry for approximately 8 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes and serve.