The chipotle chicken melt is a new item on the Taco Bell value menu. There is no telling how long it will remain on the menu but the good news is, with this recipe you can easily make it right at home. The chipotle chicken melt consists of a tortilla topped with chipotle sauce, grilled chicken, and cheese in a roll-up. The chicken is marinated in ingredients such as lime juice oil, vinegar, and, various seasonings. The chipotle sauce is homemade and uses sour cream, chipotle in adobo and numerous spices for flavor.
Taco Bell Chipotle Chicken Melt
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded until they are about ½ inch thick
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Chipotle Sauce
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a ziplock bag combine all of the marinade ingredients and mix well. Add the chicken breasts. Seal the bag and shake to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade and place onto the grill. Grill for 7-8 minutes per side or until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees). Remove the chicken from the grill and allow it to rest for 5 minutes. Slice the chicken into think strips.
- Place one flour tortilla in a large skillet over low heat. Spread a thin layer of chipotle sauce onto the top of the tortilla. Top with about ¼ of the cheese and ¼ of the chicken strips. Cook until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the pan and briefly allow the bottom to cool, and then roll up like a jelly roll. Repeat with remaining tortillas.