The steak and cheese sandwich from Subway restaurant is always a good option for dinner but you can make your own at home with a few simple ingredients. This Subway philly cheesesteak style sandwich consists of thinly sliced steak, green peppers, onions, and white American cheese. You will want to toast the sandwich in the oven using the broiler but you could also grill the sandwich on a griddle or in a frying pan.
Subway Steak and Cheese
- 1 lb strip steak thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 4 sub rolls
- 8 slices white American cheese
- Season the sliced steak with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder to taste.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steak, peppers, and onions. Sauté until the steak is fully cooked and the vegetables are tender.
- Split the sub rolls and place them cut-side up onto a baking sheet. Place two slides of white American cheese onto each sub roll. Broil in the oven until the cheese has melted.
- Add some of the cooked steak, onion, and pepper mixture into each sub roll.