These bbq burger sliders are perfect to serve for the Super Bowl or as an appetizer for a party. In this recipe slider buns are topped with a grilled beef patty, cheese, bbq sauce, pickles, and crispy onion rings. The onion rings are battered and then fried in hot oil until crispy. You can use your favorite brand of bbq sauce or even make your own.
BBQ Burger Sliders
Beef sliders with onion rings, cheese, and bbq sauce.
- 1 package slider buns
- 1 lb ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 slices cheddar cheese
- Dill pickle slices
- Bbq sauce
- 1 yellow onion sliced into rings
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Oil for frying
- To make the onion rings: in a shallow bowl or pie plate combine flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion power, and paprika. In a bowl add the sliced onions and buttermilk, toss the onions until they are well coated with buttermilk. Remove each onion slice from the butter milk and roll it in the flour. Set onto a plate.
- Add oil to a deep pan, just enough to cover the onion rings. You can also use a deep-fryer for this if you would prefer. Heat oil to 360 degrees and fry the onion rings in batches until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. On the baking sheet, shape the ground beef into a rectangle that is slightly larger than the slider buns. Season on top with salt and pepper.
- Cut the buns in half lengthwise. Take the bottom and top half of the buns and spread a thin layer of butter onto the cut sides.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Add the buns and grill, butter-side down for 30 seconds or until toasted.
- Add the beef patty to the grill and grill for 3-4 minutes on the first side and then flip using two spatulas and grill for 1-2 minutes or until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F.). Add cheese and close the grill. Once the cheese has melted remove the beef patty.
- Top the bottom half of the slider buns with dill pickle slices, the beef patty, onion rings, and bbq sauce. Add the top half of the buns.
- Cut into sliders and serve.