The mozzarella sticks from Burger King restaurant are a great option to go with your burgers and fries. With this recipe you can make your own mozzarella sticks just like the ones from BK. In this recipe string cheese sticks are coated with an Italian breadcrumb mixture and then fried in hot oil until golden brown and crispy. If you want a thicker coating of breadcrumbs you can dip the coated mozzarella sticks in egg and breadcrumbs an additional time. You will want to serve these with marinara sauce or ranching dressing for dipping.
Burger King Mozzarella Sticks
Mozzarella Sticks from BK
- 10 sticks mozzarella string cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
- In a shallow plate or pie dish add the flour, in a bowl whisk together the eggs and milk, and in another shallow plate add the breadcrumbs.
- Roll each mozzarella stick first in flour, then dip in the egg mixture, and then roll in breadcrumbs. Place onto a baking sheet or platter.
- Heat oil in the deep-fryer to 375 degrees Fry the coated mozzarella sticks in batches until golden brown. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.