It is easy enough to prepare breaded chicken tenders in the air fryer. Air frying chicken strips is a healthier alternative to the deep-fryer. The chicken strips are prepared very similar to how they would be when deep-fried by dipping chicken in flour, egg, and breadcrumbs. You will still want to spray the chicken strips with a little cooking spray for browning. You can serve these chicken strips with a dipping sauce if desired, I used ranch.
Breaded Chicken Tenders in Air Fryer
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken tenders
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 large eggs beaten
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Pre-heat the air-fryer to 400 degrees Get out 3 shallow plates. In one plate mix the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Beat the eggs in a second plate, and to the third plate add the flour.
- Coat each chicken tender first in flour, then dip in the beaten egg, and then roll in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Add tenders to air fryer basket or rack and lightly spray them with cooking spray. Cook for 8 minutes flip the tenders, spray with cooking spray, and cook for another 7 minutes or until golden brown.