This Broccoli Salad recipe with bacon and cranberries is a favorite at our house. It is a healthy side dish that tastes great (it’s Keto!), especially on a hot summer day. It is crunchy and full of flavor. I like to find recipes that don’t have mayo as an ingredient, as it packs in a lot of calories, so I was excited to try a mayo-free broccoli salad technique. The dressing is light but packs a punch with the flavors of apple cider vinegar and Dijon mustard. All the flavors complement each other—salty from the bacon, white cheddar, and sunflower seeds plus sweet from the red onion and dried cranberries. If you want to make it into more of a hearty meal, you can add grilled chicken breast and increase the dressing recipe. This recipe is surely one to impress at a get together or to serve at a family dinner. From the Monster Foodies to you—love what you eat and enjoy!
Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Cranberries
- 6 cups of finely chopped broccoli florets
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 6 strips of cooked and chopped bacon
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup shredded white cheddar
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp water to thin dressing as needed
- Place all “Salad” ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the “Dressing” ingredients into a small mixing bowl and add water if it needs to be thinned.
- Pour dressing over the salad and mix well, then serve.