The combination of delicious, rich and warm brownie in a pie crust may seem too good to be true but it really is amazing. This dessert recipe is perfect for the holidays and is very easy to prepare. Using to pre-made pie crust really helps to save time and the brownie batter is simple and quick to whip up in no time. You can add your favorite toppings to this pie but a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top is a must! Additional toppings could include crush peanuts, chocolate syrup, and caramel syrup. This pie will take about an hour to prepare from start to finish and is a dessert that is sure to impress.
- 1 (9-increfrigerated pie crust
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Grease a 9-inch pie dish.
- Gently unroll the pie curst and press it into the bottom and up the sides of the pie dish.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, sugar butter, vanilla, flour, cocoa powder, buttermilk, baking powder and salt until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the pie crust and spread it evenly. Place into the oven and bake for 33-35 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.