It’s not too late to fire up the grill this fall for some California hot dogs. These delicious dogs are great for summer but are still excellent to serve for game day this time of year as well. The hot dogs are topped with sliced tomato, avocado, bbq sauce, shredded lettuce, and feta cheese. I highly recommend grilling the hot dogs but you can boil or pan-fry them if you would prefer. I also recommend toasting the buns either on the grill or in a frying-pan. You can use whatever your favorite brand of bbq sauce is on these dogs.
California Hot Dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 sliced tomato cut in half
- 1 avocado halved, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 bottle bbq sauce
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- Heat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Add the hot dog buns cut-side down and cook until lightly toasted. Remove from the grill. Add the hot dogs and grill on all sides until cooked to your liking.
- Spread some bbq sauce onto the inside of each hot dog bun. Top with iceberg lettuce and a grilled hot dog. Add the tomato slices and avocado slices and top with feta cheese crumbles.