Chicken, Bacon, & Ranch Tater Tot Casserole is a classic dish that never seems to disappoint in our household. It can take some time to prepare the chicken and bacon for the recipe, so you might want to start the recipe early. Some people prefer to use precooked bacon to save time or even add real bacon pieces (found in the salad dressing aisle). You can also prepare it just before you bake and serve it, or prepare it ahead of time and refrigerate it until you are ready to bake it, which adds to the convenience of this dish. The ranch flavor really carries throughout the entire casserole and goes well with the sour cream and cream of chicken soup. It is cheesy, creamy, and full of delicious flavor—what’s not to love?! From the Monster Foodies to you—love what you eat and enjoy!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Tater Tot Casserole
- 2 lb chicken cooked & chopped
- 1 lb bacon cooked & crumbled
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 oz ranch dressing seasoning
- 8 oz shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 2 lb bag frozen tater tots
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Grease a 9x13 casserole dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, add sour cream, cream of chicken soup, and ranch dressing seasoning and stir until combined. Mix in cheese and bacon, then fold in the tater tots and chopped chicken.
- Spoon into the casserole dish, making it as evenly distributed as possible. Bake for approximately 1 hour, uncovered.