These chocolate chip cookie bars are amazing and easy to prepare. They are like a chocolate chip cookie brownie. They are delicious and the good news is you probably have most or all of the ingredients on hand already. The process to preparing these bars is simple and is really no different than preparing a quick batch of brownies. These bars make a great dessert and serving them warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream is a real treat.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
The easiest and best chocolate chip cookie bars
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sifted flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Melted the butter in a microwave safe bowl. Allow it to cool.
- Add brown sugar, vanilla, egg and mix well. Add the dry ingredients and blend well. Pour into a greased 8x8 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.