The use of coconut flour and avocado in this recipe makes for both a delicious and healthy brownie. These coconut avocado brownies are full of amazing chocolate flavor. Best of all, this is a very simple brownie recipe to prepare. The prep for this recipe is fairly simple and includes blending some of the ingredients in a food processor. You will want to use avocados that are ripe enough to easily scoop out. You can have these brownies on the table in no time at all. The coconut flour adds a unique flavor and texture to the brownies compared to regular all-purpose four.
Coconut Flour Avocado Brownies
- 2 medium ripe avocados pit removed, cut in half, and scooped out with a spoon
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Lightly grease a 8x8 baking dish.
- Add the avocado to a food processor. Add maple syrup and sugar. Blend well. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and blend until all of the ingredients are blended together.
- Gently add in flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa, and mix well. Turn off the food processor and remove the blade. Stir in chocolate chips using a spoon or spatula.
- Spread the batter into the pan evenly. The batter will be thick. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before cutting into squares.