Snickerdoodle Bread is a wonderful treat for those who are obsessed with cinnamon and snickerdoodle treats. This recipe makes for a large loaf and it will probably rise above the sides of the bread pan/dish. Cinnamon chips add extra flavor to the bread and the cinnamon and sugar on top hardens enough to provide a layer of crisp crust. I suggest waiting until an hour into the bake to add the cinnamon chip topping, as they can burn if left in for the full duration of the baking. The bread turns out to be really thick and rich, with a perfect sweetness and full of cinnamon flavor. You can also use this recipe to make four mini-loafs, just reduce the baking time to about 45 minutes. From the Monster Foodies to you—love what you eat and enjoy!
Easy Snickerdoodle Bread
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 package cinnamon chips Hershey’s
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp cinnamon chips reserved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Grease an 8½ inch (standard sizbread pan or dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream softened butter, salt, sugar, and cinnamon with a mixer. Add eggs and mix until combined, then add sour cream and vanilla extract and mix for another minute or so until fully incorporated.
- Mix together flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Slowly mix into the large mixing bowl with the wet ingredients until fully combined. Stir in the cinnamon chips until evenly disbursed.
- Spoon the batter into the bread pan/dish as evenly as possible. Mix together the cinnamon and sugar topping and sprinkle generously on top of the batter in the pan.
- Bake for about one hour, then add the reserved cinnamon chips to the top on the bread and bake an additional hour, or until a knife comes out clean when pushed into the middle of the loaf.
- Let loaf cool and serve.