You don’t need to spend money on garlic bread from the store when it is easy to make garlic bread right at home with a French bread, garlic powder, and a few simple ingredients. To make a garlic loaf, simply slice a French bread in half and then spread a butter and garlic mixture onto both sides and bake it in the oven and you are all set. The butter spread is just a combination of butter, garlic powder, parmesan cheese and parsley. You can also use this mixture to spread it onto individual bread slices if you would prefer. This garlic loaf is great to go with all kinds of different dishes such as spaghetti or salad.
Garlic Bread with Garlic Powder
- ½ cup butter softened
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 loaf French bread halved lengthwise
- In a small bowl combine butter, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and parsley. Mix until well combined.
- Spread the mixture onto the cut sides of the French bread and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.