Homemade ranch pasta salad is a simple and yet delicious dish for summer that is loaded with bacon, cheddar cheese, green onions, and crushed potato chips. For this recipe you can use different types of pasta but I used rotini. Some other good options are macaroni or penne. A lot of the flavor in this dish comes from the dressing which is a combination of ranch, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. This is a fantastic dish to bring to summer cookouts and if you want to save time, use precooked bacon. You will want to add the crushed potato chips at the end so they don’t get soggy and I just like to put them on top.
Homemade Ranch Pasta Salad
- 16 ounces rotini pasta
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- A pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 block cheddar cheese cubed
- 4 slices bacon cooked until crispy and crumbled
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 cups plain potato chips
- Cook the rotini according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large mixing bowl combine mayonnaise, ranch dressing, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder. Mix until well combined. To the bowl add pasta, cheddar cheese, bacon and green onions mix well. Crush the potato chips and add on top for serving.