You can easily make a BLT pasta salad with a few ingredients such as mayo, pasta, bacon, lettuce, and tomato and if you add a few additional ingredients such as chicken bouillon powder and lemon juice it can really help to enhance the flavor. This BLT pasta salad is perfect for summer cookouts. You can use several types of pasta for this recipe but rotini is a good option. Feel free to experiment with other ingredients in this recipe as well such as cheese. If you want to save time you can use precooked bacon. It is best to add the lettuce into the salad mixture just before serving.
BLT Pasta Salad with Mayo
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1 (7 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 8 slices of bacon cooked until crispy and crumbled
- 1 large tomato seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup green onions sliced
- 4 cups lettuce thinly sliced
- Cook the rotini according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar, and chicken bouillon.
- Add the rotini, bacon, tomato, and green onion. Add the lettuce just before you are ready to serve and stir everything to combine and coat with the dressing.