These turkey meatballs with zoodles are a perfectly healthy and delicious meal to prepare in the slow cooker for dinner. These meatballs get a lot of flavor from fresh spinach, Worcestershire, and feta cheese. The meatballs are prepared right in the crockpot with the sauce. The feta cheese really adds something special to these meatballs. For serving you will want to serve these over zucchini noodles but if you would prefer pasta works fine as well. You can make zoodles using a spiralizer or you can even buy them premade in the store but they are probably a bit expensive to purchase that way.
Turkey Meatballs with Zoodles
Turkey meatballs cooked in the crockpot served on top of zucchini noodles.
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- ½ medium onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 2 medium to large zucchini prepared into zoodles
- In a large bowl mix together wheat bread and milk until it forms a paste. Add ground turkey, spinach, feta, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic, onion powder, and breadcrumbs.
- Mix well until all of the ingredients are well incorporated into the meat. From the mixture into 18-20 meatballs and place into the slow cooker. Pour 3 cup of marinara sauce over the meatballs. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Serve with zucchini noodles.