These nacho cheese hot dogs are delicious to prepare for summer or for football season. The hot dogs are grilled and then topped with warm nacho cheese, guacamole, and crushed Doritos. You can really add whatever your favorite nacho toppings are to these hot dogs such as salsa, sour cream, tomato, and jalapeno slices. You can use whatever type of hot dogs you want such as the classic pork ones or if you want all-beef hot dogs work great as well.
Nacho Cheese Hot Dogs
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1 16 ounce can nacho cheese, warmed
- 1 bag Doritos cool ranch or nacho cheese flavor
- 2 avocadoes peeled, pitted, and insides scooped out
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- In a small bowl add the scooped out avocado, cilantro, garlic. Add lime juice and salt. Mash with a fork until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Heat an outdoor grill to medium heat. Add the hot dog buns cut side down onto the grill and cook until lightly toasted on the bottom. Remove from the grill.
- Add the hot dogs and cook turning frequently until they are heated through as cooked as you like them.
- Place grilled hot dogs in buns and top with some nacho cheese, guacamole and crushed doritos.