Nachos fries are easily one of the best things to come onto the menu at Taco Bell in awhile but unfortunately they are not a permanent menu item. Luckily, you can easily make your own nachos fries right at home with this easy copycat recipe. Fries are either baked in the oven or fried in a deep-fryer and then tossed with various seasonings and served with nacho cheese. The use of store bought frozen French fries really helps to make this recipe simple. I recommend frying them in a deep-fryer but if you are looking for a healthier alternative you can certainly bake them in the oven. Best of all, you probably already have all or most of the seasonings in your pantry. You can use whatever brand of nacho cheese you want to dip these fries in. When nacho fries are not on the menu at taco bell now you can have them right at home for little cost and effort.
Taco Bell Nacho Fries
- 2 ½ tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup nacho cheese sauce
- 1 (2-pounbag Ore-Ida Golden Frozen French Fries
- In a small bowl combine paprika, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
- Prepare the French fried according to package directions in a deep-fryer. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Add the cooked fries to a large bowl and toss with the seasoning mixture.
- Serve with nacho cheese.